Determine your scholarship’s criteria
Each year by March 1, your IUAA liaison will ask you to complete an online form that outlines your scholarship’s criteria for the upcoming academic year. Before this date, please determine the following information as a board:
- How many dollars will be budgeted for scholarships?
- Chapters and groups need to verify that they have the funds to cover the amount budgeted. You can check your chapter or affiliate group’s scholarship balances on the Managing Scholarship Accounts page.
- How many scholarships will be awarded, and how much will each scholarship be?
- Will the scholarships be awarded in the fall and the spring semesters, or split between the two semesters?
- When reviewing applications, will you prioritize by merit or financial need of the awardee?
After we receive this information from your group, the IUAA scholarship committee will select recipients that satisfy the requirements associated with each scholarship account. The scholarship committee includes employees from IU, the IUAA, and the IU Foundation. Following selection, we will send the contact information of the selected student(s) so the chapters can notify the students.
Information about application deadlines for all IU campuses can be found on the Scholarship Awarding Timeline site.