- Read What is the Purpose of a Volunteer Board?
- Learn to manage your board by reading Tips for Board Member Recruitment, Training, Onboarding, and Succession Planning.
- Learn how to train and nurture your board by watching the webinar How to Welcome New People: Onboarding, Training, and Preparing for Success, led by IUAA Executive Director of Talent Management Rebecca Keith; and using the Board Talent Assessment spreadsheet.
- Use these job descriptions—president, vice president, secretary/communications chair, treasurer, and board member—for recruiting new officers and board members.
- Once a new board member is accepted onto your board, use the Volunteer Leader Statement of Expectations form to formalize his or her commitment to the work you will do to accomplish your goals.
The IU Alumni Association provides all of our alumni leaders with relevant tools and resources. In this section you will find board development and recruitment information, IUAA policies and forms, marketing tools, and access to event services and merchandise. Use the navigation buttons on the left to access each section.